Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Rojay Gotee - Thunder n' Lightnin'

My 45 record player like we had back in the 1950s and 1960s. I bought this for my Christmas and birthday present of 2013. It has been refurbished and it works beautifully. Now I can play a stack of records. RCA Victor in dark brown bakelite. Soooooooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summer of 1965, I went to stay with my grandmother in Indianapolis, IN. We had gotten out of school early because of the Palm Sunday tornado destroying our school in Greentown, IN. So off to Indy, I went. My best friend, Skip, had a car and every evening around 10:00 pm, he would pick me up and just go driving around, blaring the radio and singing. Our 3 favorite songs were "I Got You, Babe" by Sonny & Cher, "Satisfaction" by The Rolling Stones and "Thunder 'n Lightnin" by Rojay Gotee. We'd have all the windows rolled down and sing at the top of our voices. I still have my record of Thunder 'n Lightnin and just played it on my new "old" record player. It is such a cool song.......with teenage attitude! WIFE, the popular teenage radio station use to play it towards midnight. Don't think it was played during the day. It was just one of my favorites that summer. Oh, Rojay will never die.............


Enjoy the song!







No comments:

Post a Comment